604.259.0585Recording Connection Audio Institute - Learn One on One in a Real Recording Studio
Recording Connection’s Stay Connected Program: Your Upper Hand with Job Assistance
Designed to help students of the Canada Recording Connection transition successfully from apprentice to industry professional, the Stay Connected Program provides a level of job assistance support that is second to none.
Our in-studio training approach enables many of our students to find gainful employment in the music industry even before graduation. Of course, this is not the case for everyone. This is where the Stay Connected program comes in, offering additional assistance in locating job opportunities for our students who need it.
Beginning midway through your course, and continuing for up to a year after you graduate, one of our Job Assistance Coordinators will be working with you to position you for employment, both by helping you through a series of supplemental lessons and by contacting real recording studios and/or production companies on your behalf, helping you to make introductions.
Every two weeks, you will work through the following steps to maximize your skills, potential and overall employability.
- Research and write a one-page report about available entry level positions in the music industry. (The typical path for a young professional in this business is to start with an entry-level position and work up the ladder.)
- Research and write a one-page report detailing various career options available to you in the industry. This exercise may help you identify job options in cross-industries you might not have previously known about.
- Prepare your own “Strategy For Success,” a 5-year plan for achieving your career goals in the music field.
- Assemble a demo and portfolio of your work.
- Write a professional cover letter and prepare your resume. Be sure to ask your mentor for a letter of recommendation.
- Inquire of your mentor about the possibility of continuing to work with him/her after graduation. Ask about possible job openings or available leads. If none are currently available, do some homework and identify five other potential studios in your area where you might find work. What are their accomplishments? What clients have they had? What are the facilities like? Why would you be a good fit there? Who would you contact about a job?
- Find out how to apply to all five of the locations you identified in the previous step.
- Take the plunge, and apply to all five studios!
- Make a follow-up phone call to each of the five studios one week after you send your applications.
- The week after your follow-up, the Canada Recording Connection reaches out to these studios on your behalf.
Throughout the entire job assistance and placement process, remember that Student Services is always at your assistance. Whether you need advice preparing your resume, or career counseling, or even just a bit of encouragement, we are only a phone call or email away.
The Recording Radio and Film Connection is a licensed and accredited school operating in locations across the globe, and we are highly committed to the success of our students. However, please be advised that we are neither a job placement service nor an employment agency, and we can make no guarantees concerning employment. This being said, our Stay Connected Program offers an unprecedented level of job assistance support for our students who are ambitious, passionate and dedicated to their own success in the recording industry, and we will do our utmost to help these students obtain gainful employment.