WELCOME FUTURE AUDIO ENGINEERS, MUSIC PRODUCERS, STUDIO OWNERS + MUSIC MOGULS
Launch Your Career in Audio Engineering
Audio Engineering School
Preview Our Audio Engineering Course Curriculum
CLICK ANY OF THE BOXES BELOW FOR A PREVIEW OF WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AS A RECORDING CONNECTION APPRENTICE:
Apply NowSchedule a private tour of a recording studio in your city.
NO OTHER AUDIO SCHOOL COMES CLOSE TO WHAT WE OFFER. HERE’S WHY:
- We are the ONLY professional audio training program that places you as in a world-class recording studio to learn on-the-job, from the first day of training to the last. You will not spend a single day in a classroom with our program.
IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT A CAREER IN THE RECORDING INDUSTRY, YOU NEED TO BE IN A REAL RECORDING STUDIO, NOT IN A CLASSROOM.
- We are the ONLY audio school that trains you as an apprentice.
THIS IS NOT AN INTERNSHIP—IT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP, WHERE YOU LEARN ONE-ON-ONE AND AT YOUR OWN PACE.
- We are the ONLY audio school that trains you in the place where you live, or where you want to live, instead of making you relocate.
TRAIN IN YOUR HOME TOWN, OR MOVE TO THE BIG CITY—YOUR CHOICE. WE CAN TRAIN YOU IN A REAL STUDIO EITHER WAY, BECAUSE WE HAVE LOCATIONS EVERYWHERE.
- With the Recording Connection, you learn privately, one-on-one with a world-renowned music producer or audio engineer. Our producer/engineers record pop, rock, electronica, hip-hop, R&B, classical, jazz, punk…the list goes on. They have made records with the biggest names in the business.
THE INSTRUCTORS AT OTHER AUDIO SCHOOLS HAVEN’T MADE HIT RECORDS—OUR INSTRUCTORS HAVE. AND THEY ARE READY TO TEACH YOU HOW TO DO IT, TOO, IN WHATEVER GENRE YOU’RE INTERESTED IN.
- With one of the most affordable tuition rates in the industry, we help keep you from accumulating a crushing load of debt in pursuit of your dreams.
DEBT IS A DREAM KILLER—YOU DON’T HAVE TO TAKE IT ON TO FULFILL YOUR DREAMS.
- We are endorsed by some of the biggest producers and engineers in the industry, and many of them teach for us. We are industry-renowned for our methods and our success rate. If anyone can break you into the business, we can!
WE ARE KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE MUSIC INDUSTRY AS THE SCHOOL THAT CONNECTS YOU TO THE INDUSTRY LIKE NO ONE ELSE CAN. WE HAVE THE ENDORSEMENTS AND THE STUDENT SUCCESS STORIES TO PROVE IT.
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF:
- You know you want to be, or are curious about a career as an audio engineer, music producer, or both.
- You want to make or record, hip hop, country, rock, punk or any form of popular or avant grade music.
- If you have no experience but you do have an undying passion for music, sound, recording music, playing music, or writing songs.
- If you have some or tons of experience and you are looking for more education.
NOT READY TO APPLY JUST YET? NEED MORE INFORMATION ON US? NOT A PROBLEM, THIS SITE WAS CREATED FOR YOU, SO PLEASE READ ON:
Watch this video from Pensado’s Place where Grammy Award Winner Dave Pensado, Herb Trawick and Tim Palmer discuss our method of teaching.
Audio engineers can make a six-figure yearly income in any city in the world. There are many career opportunities available to those who are properly trained and connected in audio engineering, such as:
- Chief Engineer
- Staff Engineer
- Assistant Engineer
- Studio Owner
Additionally, many music producers, mixers, and mastering specialists are also audio engineers.
In short, for any career in audio, the best place to start is to learn the ins and outs of a recording studio as an audio engineer. In order to be successful, you MUST know how a real recording studio works. Let's be clear: traditional audio schools do not ever get you into a real recording studio. You never meet real clients, you never meet real engineers, and you certainly never work under real audio engineers and music producers.
A college recording studio, while it may look nice, is not the same as a professional recording studio, like the studio into which Recording Connection Audio Institute Audio Engineering Program will place you from day one.
To make it as an audio engineer, you also MUST know:
- Digital audio
- How microphones are designed and used
- Correct microphone placement
- The ins and outs of signal flow and patch bays
- How analog consoles work
- In-depth study of analog consoles
- Audio processing
- Pro Tools 8
- Reason, Logic, or Ableton Live
- Available audio plugins and how they work
- Signal processing and compressors
- How to perform a professional mix-down
- How various studios are designed and how their monitors work
- Electronic music and beat matching
- Sync and automation
- Recording and mixing ins and outs
- Surround mixing
- How to deal with clients
QUESTION: Which is better: to learn audio in a real recording studio, or on a trendy college campus?
ANSWER: You know the answer. The best place to learn audio engineering is from a professional who has been recording music for 10-30 years, of course.
WHY? Because traditional colleges and trade schools can never duplicate what you will learn in a real recording studio. They are just not equipped to do it.
The Recording Connection Audio Institute gives you everything you would learn in a traditional recording school, plus the real world knowledge and information your mentor will give you garnered from years of audio engineering experience.