604.259.0585Recording Connection Audio Institute - Learn One on One in a Real Recording Studio
What We Do
We’re NOT Your Typical Audio Recording School
Recording Connection, the alternative to traditional audio schools, is the only school on the planet that utilizes actual recording studios as its classrooms.
With Us You Get:
- Real-life Work Situations in Real Recording Studios
- Real Opportunities for Industry Connections in Professional Studios
- Real Hands-on Experience while training in Music Recording Studios
While You Learn:
- Recording, Mastering and Mixing (while sitting in on real sessions)
- Digital Recording
- Pro Tools with hands-on Training
- Pro Tools File Management and Templates
- How to Make Connections with Music Industry Professionals
- Surround Mixing and Output Media
- Plugins and other software, like Reason, Logic, and Ableton
- Microphone Design, Placement and Usage
- Patch Bay and Signal Flow
- Amplifiers and Consoles
- Analogue Recording
- Audio Processing
- Signal Processing
- Mix Downs
- Sync and Automation Post-Production
- Compressors, Limiters, Gates and Clippers
- Reverb, Delay, Flange and Chorus
- Studio Design, Speakers and Monitoring
- Sequencing, Sampling, and Editing
- Guitar and Drum Miking
- MIDI Electronic Music
- How to Run a Small to Medium Sized Business
How Our Audio Recording School Alternative Works
At Recording Connection, our mission is to provide you with the knowledge, training, and real-world experience necessary to forge a career in the music business. Our whole curriculum –in fact, everything we do—revolves around this central mission. The following are the core fundamentals that make the Recording Connection Audio Institute unique among other recording schools:
- Experience. No college classroom or studio simulation can successfully duplicate the real-life dynamics, stress and pressures involved with working under deadlines on actual music sessions inside a real recording studio. In addition, the classic Catch-22 applies—how do you get the job with no experience, and how do you get the experience without the job? Recording Connection resolves these issues by placing you as a student apprentice inside a real recording studio, working on actual music recording projects, and learning by doing. The best way to learn a job is to do the job; there is simply no substitute for actual experience. Our unique approach focuses on giving you the real-life experience you need in order to get hired in the real world.
- Right Place at the Right Time. Attending class inside a real recording studio has the added advantage of allowing you to apprentice under professional music producers, audio engineers and/or studio owners—the people who do the hiring in the music industry. Studying in-studio puts you in the right place at the right time, so your experience and talent can be seen by the right people.
- It’s Who You Know. In addition to making your own connections in the music and recording industries by learning in a real recording studio, you’ll benefit from our connections as well. With hundreds of recording mentors the world over, Recording Connection is well-connected to the music industry—and as a recording school student in our program, you are, too.
If you were able to poll all of the people working in the music and audio industries, you would find that over 92% of them landed their first job simply by doing it. Even more of those people in the recording industry would also tell you the following:
- Their resume or degree never landed them a job in the music business.
- All that they know about audio engineering and music producing they learned in the real world (not in a classroom), from a mentor similar to the ones we provide.
How do audio engineers and music producers get their first job?
First, let’s talk about how they didn’t get the job: they didn’t get it by flashing their degree at their potential employer. If they did go to a traditional recording school, it wasn’t their education that got them hired. If you could talk with them, most of them would all tell you that the way they got hired was by getting themselves inside a real recording studio and working very hard to get where they wanted to be.
Whether you dream is to become the next Quincy Jones or Bono, or whether your ambition is just to make a good doing what you love in the music industry, the Recording Connection Audio Institute can help you get where you want to go. Our Recording School Alternative will teach you audio engineering, music production and more, all the while helping you make those vital industry connections that can ultimately lead to your dream job.
Where would you be more likely to land a music industry job—in a classroom or simulated recording studio, or in a real recording studio sitting in on actual recording sessions? Think about it, and it’s obvious: you aren’t going to get a job in the music business by sitting in a classroom. Unless you are related to Snoop Dogg or some other musical giant, the odds are that are you don’t currently have the industry connections you need. The Recording Connection helps to get you on the inside track.
Recording Connection Audio Institute will place you with your own personal mentor in the discipline and genre that most appeals to you. For the following six months, your mentor will instruct you with one-on-one training, provide you with the real-world experience you need in order to move forward, and become your personal connection for future job openings.
Do You Guarantee Success?
Is it possible for us to guarantee a job to all our Recording Connection Graduates? Of course not. Let us repeat: Recording Connection will NOT guarantee you a job. Anyone who claims something like that is scamming you, and we’re not in the business of making promises we can’t keep. What we will guarantee, though, is that we will get you in the right place at the right time, with the right connections, equipped with the right skills and real-world experience. After that point, it’s up to you to close the deal and land the job. If you haven’t done your best as an apprentice, and if you have not impressed your mentor during your schooling, don’t expect that mentor to risk his/her reputation by recommending you for a job to one of his/her friends in the music business. However, if you’ve worked your tail off for the last six months using our course curriculum, and if you’ve demonstrated a good attitude, a solid work ethic and an ability to grow—in other words, once you’ve proven yourself—who else would your mentor recommend for the job? Would he or she recommend some young, green recording student from a classroom, or a talented, hard worker like you who has worked closely with him/her for the past six months?
Can you see how this can work to your advantage?
What the Recording Connection actually does for you is elevate your chances for success, sort of like playing with loaded dice. We give you the high ground, but you have to make the most of it. You have to roll the dice. If you’ve made a good impression on your mentor by listening, learning, working and growing, then you will find yourself in a perfect place of advantage, equipped with both the real-world experience and connections you need to launch your career.
The Bottom Line
Since 1983, The Recording Connection has been putting our students into a position of opportunity, giving them the chance to learn by doing and accrue the real-life experience so coveted in the recording industry. We give them the chance to learn the skills while making a good impression on the very people who do the hiring in the world of music and audio production. Our students are placed in the right place at the right time, with the right tools they need for success. No traditional recording school on the planet can make this claim. Our course curriculum, as taught by your mentor, will equip you with all you need to know to land a job as that a music producer, audio engineer, live concert sound mixer or other audio professional. At the same time, you’ll be learning in the presence of actual working music professionals, forming relationships with the very people who can (and often do) hire you even before you graduate the program.
There’s No Better Time than Now
We welcome you to the Recording Connection Audio Institute for Audio Engineering and Music Producing. We are an innovative, effective and extremely affordable alternative to traditional recording schools, and we are excited about helping you achieve your dreams. We say NO to expensive and inefficient college classrooms while saying YES to training YOU inside a real recording studio, gaining the knowledge and experience you need while making those VITAL INDUSTRY CONNECTIONS you must have in order to land a job in the music business as an audio engineer or music producer.
Since we’re the only recording school on the planet that teaches its students through recording studio apprenticeships, Recording Connection is not only the most affordable and most effective way to learn audio recording; we are also the only school that actually helps you make industry connections while you study.
It’s not just what you know, but also who you know. It’s common knowledge that the best way to get a successful career in music is to know a lot of people in the music industry. By extension, the best way to get to know those people is to work with them (and network with them) inside the recording studios where they do their work. Why throw away 30- 50 thousand dollars or more (plus the next couple of years of your life) sitting in some classroom far from where the action is, when you could be studying inside a real recording studio tomorrow, learning and making connections, for under $9000?
But you don’t have to take our word for it….
"I signed up with the Recording Connection program after doing a lot of research on other schools. After I went through an initial interview process with one of their admission counselors, I met my mentor at a major recording studio New York (where I live). It was rather ironic that my mentor has a friend who sent his son to one of those big name music recording schools and my mentor said that when the kid graduated after two years, he knew nothing.
I'm currently enrolled in the Recording Connection and have gone through ten sessions. They are so cool! I sit in the studio at the boards with real producers and audio engineers. They also let me go out with them on remote recording sessions. Last week the gig was at the Yamaha Theatre in New York City, where we recorded the famous jazz trumpet player, Tiger Okoshi. I made a lot of contacts while I was on this remote location. I'm a musician too, and when I have my next demo done, Tiger told me to send it to him. A real musician wants to hear my music! So I'm already making contacts with real players and other engineers while I'm training.
What I love about this program is that you're not an intern. I mean, sure I do whatever I can to help out, but they really pay special attention to me and give me the one-on-one time that I had always hoped for.
Thanks, Recording Connection. I'm 100% happy with your program. Thanks for doing what you said, and how you said, you were going to do. And thanks for saving me the $60,000 I would have wasted if I had gone to a recording college! "
– John Piergiorgi, Recording Student, New York, NY